Lemon and ginger sugar free doughnut




Today we're going to bake a sugar-free lemon and ginger doughnut. 
The preparation time is 5 minutes, and the cooking time is 30 minutes.


A tasty doughnut with a fresh and powerful flavor at the same time, yet soft and sugar free!

This vegan lemon, malt and ginger doughnut  is a soft, simple dessert with a fresh and powerful flavor thanks to the combination of lemon and ginger. As a sweetener, we have used rice, but for a slightly sweeter version feel free to replace it with corn malt.

Difficulty: easy



Ingredients:

200 g of whole wheat flour

100 g of rice malt (or corn malt)

120 g of almond milk (or any other vegetable milk)

50 g of sunflower oil

1 lemon

1 fresh ginger root

½ sachet of yeast (cream of tartar)

1 pinch of salt
Instruments
Muffin mold with a 14 cm diameter 
Step 1 - the dough
Wash the ginger root well and grate it with a small hole grater. Squeeze the minced ginger with your hands over a small bowl in order to collect the juice. Then pour the whole wheat flour, baking powder, lemon zest and salt into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon. Add the rice malt, sunflower oil, almond milk, lemon juice and 4 tablespoons of ginger juice. Mix everything well until you get a homogeneous mixture.
Step 2 - Now let’s bake
Pour the dough into the previously greased and floured donut mold. Bake in a static oven at 180 ° C for 30-35 minutes until the surface of the donut is golden brown and the inside cooked. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before serving.

You can keep this donut for 3-4 days under a glass dome.

And now it's your turn: cook this delicious treat and enjoy it.

Send us your feedback
Reb and Caro @sweettoothqueens
#bakingiscaring



Comments

  1. Hello Sweet tooth Queens !

    First of all, congratulations for this very pretty and feminine blog. The presentation is very good and really makes you want to try these recipes. You've achieved a feat because usually as soon as I'm told about sugar-free recipes, I run away wich is the first excellent effect of this kind of recipes (make me run and burn some calories). I'm obviously joking.
    I would like to try one of your recipes = "Lemon and ginger sugar free doughnut" because the picture is a very tempting treat. My (Portuguese) family has a lot of lemon trees and I don't know what to do with all the lemons they give me. Also the lemon pies are delicious but much too sweet. I am so sorry but I don't know what "rice malt" is. Is it hard to find in a conventional supermarket? Thank you for offering this very useful blog in these confined times. "Parabens meninas rainhas dos bolos" as my mom would say from Porto!
    Paul de Carvalho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Paul! rice malt is a natural sweetener obtained from the germination process of rice. You can buy it in the supermarket, but also in shops that sell organic products.
      Kiss, Rebecca :)

      Delete
  2. That sounds sooo good and easy enough for even me to make. Tell me where do I get rice malt and cream of tartar from and what do I ask for in French? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello :) You can buy rice malt at a shop that sells organic products. The cream of tartar, on the other hand, can be purchased in shops specializing in natural products or in desserts and decorations. In French it is said: "malt de riz" et "crème de tartre",if I'm not mistaken in the name of the ingredients in French. I am Italian and some French words I don't know them well yet haha. Let me know if I was clear about the ingredients in French.
      Kiss, Rebecca :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. Hey! Thanks for stopping by :) You can use creme fraiche as well for a just as tasty result. You can also use Barley Malt syrup as a substitute for rice mals. Why not trying and keeping us posted? Thanks and take care :) Caro x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi you can use creme fraîche too which is available everywhere. Thanks for stopping by and take care :)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the French translation. Next week I'm due for a trip to my local health food shop so shall be sure to have a look.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts